GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “India: Key Customs and Tax Challenges of Importing and Exporting Automotive Parts” features Krishna Barad. Mr. Barad is Partner with the Indirect Tax practice of BDO India, with a special focus on Customs & International Trade. He has over 27 years of experience in Customs, Foreign Trade Policy, International Trade, Shipping & Logistics related matters.
Audio Interview Guest:
Mr. Krishna Barad, Partner
Customs & International Trade – Indirect Tax practice
In the 19-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Barad discusses these questions:
• Can you provide a short overview of Indian Automotive Industry (such as provide key highlights, as well as what initiatives taken by Government to help the auto industry?)
• Can you provide insights into Indian Customs Procedures & Challenges in Automotive Sector?
• Can you discuss Digitalisation in customs – Ease of Doing Business Initiatives by Government of India, as well as any Regulatory requirements & changes by Government?
• RE Electric Vehicles and India’s readiness for it – can you provide insights into Customs Compliances & Duty concessions etc.
• Do you have any final thoughts?
About Krishna Barad:
Partner, Customs & International Trade, Indirect Tax, BDO India
Krishna is a Partner with the Indirect Tax practice, with a special focus on Customs & International Trade. He has over 27 years of experience in Customs, Foreign Trade Policy, International Trade, Shipping & Logistics related matters.
Prior to joining BDO in India, he was associated with a larger accounting firm for 2 years and also worked with large Indian and multinational corporations.
He has undertaken Customs, Foreign Trade Policy & international trade, indirect tax advisory and compliance services across various industry verticals, including aviation, wind, oil & gas, automobile, engineering, locomotive, healthcare, steel, chemical, infrastructure, IT/ITeS, pharmaceuticals, and auto ancillary sector.
Krishna has advised and assisted clients in setting up operations in India. He has also handled SEZ and EOU/STPI related advisory, compliance and implementation related matters on various clients.
He has extensively handled the implementation of IT tool EO-Soft for EOU Compliance, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Global Trade Management Tool – Amber Road, HS Classification automation, Post Entry Audit etc. He has also been actively involved in advising clients on litigations and representations before the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) and other appellate tribunal authorities.
He has significantly contributed to Indian business and professional magazines and has been a speaker for Customs & International trade topics at several local, national & international forums.