GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “U.S. R&D Tax Incentives for Auto OEMs and Supplier Manufacturers” features Todd Sutherland, Director of Research Tax Credit Practice for UHY U.S. Mr. Sutherland has over 20 years of accounting experience across a wide industry spectrum. He specializes in helping clients claim research and development tax credits, and defending research and development tax credit claims under IRS examination.
Audio Interview Guest
Mr. Todd Sutherland
Director of Research Tax Credit Practice
UHY National Tax Services Inc. | UHY Advisors, Inc.
In the 10-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Sutherland discusses these questions:
• What is the U.S. Research Tax Credit?
• What is the biggest misconception related to the Research Tax Credit?
• Are their particular opportunities with the Research Tax Credit in the automotive industry?
• What is required for a Research tax credit study? Does a company have to keep certain records or go back and recreate records or time reporting?
• Are there any IRS audit concerns with claiming an Research Tax Credit? Is this an annual benefit and what if a business can’t use the credits this year?
About Todd Sutherland:
Director of Research Tax Credit Practice of UHY National Tax Services Inc. | UHY Advisors, Inc.
Todd has over 20 years of experience assisting taxpayers with claiming R&D tax credits. He also has extensive experience defending R&D tax credit claims under IRS examination. His prior professional experience includes national team member for Big-4 R&D teams, co-founder of DST Advisory Group and Vice President of Braithwaite Global.