Global Business Professor’s latest Audio Interview, “The Next Frontier in Anti-Bribery: ISO 37001” features Kristy Grant-Hart, Founder and Managing Director of London-based Spark Compliance Consulting. Ms. Grant-Hart is a compliance and ethics expert and the author of “How to be a Wildly Effective Compliance Officer”.
In the 8-minute Audio Interview, Ms. Grant-Hart discusses:
- What ISO 37001 is and why it is such a big deal;
- Adoption of ISO 37001 standards by the governments of Singapore and Philippines, and what that means for multi-national companies doing business in those countries;
- Discussion on the basic steps of certification and what companies have to go through to get it;
- Because the ISO Standard is so new, she shares insight into how it is expanding or playing out in the global marketplace;
- And for companies considering whether to get certified next year under the ISO standard, she shares a couple of first steps companies can take in that direction.
Audio Interview Guest:
Founder & Managing Director
Spark Compliance Consulting
Phone: +44 (0) 203.514.1443
About Kristy Grant-Hart:
Kristy Grant-Hart is an expert at transforming compliance officers into in-demand business assets. She’s the author of How to be a Wildly Effective Compliance Officer and Managing Director of Spark Compliance Consulting, a boutique consultancy focusing on the creation, energizing and optimization of corporate compliance and data privacy programs. She’s been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Compliance Week, and on the cover of Compliance and Ethics Professional Magazine. She is also an adjunct professor at Delaware School of Law, Widener University, teaching Global Compliance and Ethics to Masters of Jurisprudence students.
Before launching Spark Compliance, Ms. Grant-Hart was the Chief Compliance Officer at United International Pictures, the joint distribution company for Paramount Pictures and Universal Pictures in 65+ countries. Ms. Grant-Hart was shortlisted for the 2015 Chief Compliance Officer of the Year award at the Women in Compliance awards.
Ms. Grant-Hart began her legal career at the international law firm of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, where she worked in the firm’s Los Angeles and London offices. While at Gibson Dunn, her team was nominated for Best Regulatory Law Firm of the Year at Thomson Reuter’s Compliance Awards. She is an experienced international conference speaker, and has published articles in magazines and trade publications in the United States and Europe on anti-bribery topics and on data privacy and data transfer between the United States, the United Kingdom and the European Union. She has advised Fortune 500 companies on international compliance, and created and revamped compliance programs for major companies in Europe and the United States.