EWA Manufacturing & Supply Chain Roundtable with Senior Executives
Held on February 2, 2023
PLEASE READ: Only automotive OEMs and manufacturing suppliers who register using a business email address will be invited to access this recorded webinar.
Many C-level executives are streamlining their China-based manufacturing operations or moving operations out of China
Because assessments of the viability of exporting out of China have exposed a number of negative factors:
- Long lead-time to US & European customers
- Increasing production costs
- Challenging regulatory environment in China
- Continuing issues with Covid infections within China
- Tariffs & geopolitical tensions between China and the US
- Closing, consolidating or relocating China operations stresses a company’s ability to serve its customers, and its global strategy, supplier relationships, and brand reputation in China and around the world.
But if carried out with expert insight, thorough planning, and a strong project team, taking the proper actions will have a positive, long-term impact on global operations and financial results.
The webinar will feature seasoned speakers with real-life experience in China plant closures, improvements, consolidations, relocations and sourcing within China and in other countries.
Former Vice President of Operations, Asia Pacific Region, Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE: KODK).
Former Director Asia Pacific Operations for Ashland Specialty Ingredients
During the first half of this webinar, the speakers will discuss real-life decisions they made with their own facilities and their results.
The second half will be devoted to answering attendees’ questions.
- What is the method, challenges, and roadblocks for closing a China facility, without “burning our bridges” there?
- What about just downsizing in China or combining two factories into one?
- Can a manufacturer protect IP when relocating out of China? Can we move our manufacturing equipment out?
- What are key factors in determining which country to select for relocating out of China?
This is the first in the EWA 2023 Webinar Series on challenges facing China-based operations and global supply chains. Future 2023 webinars will discuss:
- Rethinking your overall business “In China, for China” to keep ahead of your domestic competition in terms of markets and operations
- Assessing, optimizing, restructuring within China
- Assessing your China operations after three years of hands-off management. How to identify and address any negative drift in company culture and organization; operations performance decline; overall risk management