GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview, “The World of AV Standards” features Andrew Smart. Mr. Smart is an Independent Mobility Consultant focused upon Connected and Automated Vehicles with an extensive client base. He most recently was the CTO for the American Center for Mobility, and before that he was CTO for SAE International.
Audio Interview Guest
Mr. Andrew Smart
Independent Mobility Consultant
In the 15-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Smart discusses these questions:
• What is the role of standards in AV design, development and deployment and how is it different from past activities?
• How would you describe the current global standards landscape with regards to automated vehicles and who are the key players?
• Why is the standards landscape so diverse?
• When will these various standards be published and then what happens?
• What is the link between standards and regulation?
About Mr. Andrew Smart:
Andrew Smart is an Independent Mobility Consultant focused upon Connected and Automated Vehicles with an extensive client base. He provides leadership and direction to Technology and Start Up Companies looking to enter or expand in the mobility sector His current activities are in the areas of CAV development & testing, test sites and standards development. During his 35 years’ experience in the mobility space he has held several executive technical and business leadership roles and most recently was the CTO for the American Center for Mobility where he was responsible for the overall design and delivery of a unique AV testing site. Previously he was CTO for SAE International where he was responsible for all technical programs including voluntary standards development including AV’s and cyber security. Earlier, he has held executive leadership positions with global technical consultancies and a European based OEM.