GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview, “Automotive Related Contracts in Mexico: What You Need to Know” features Juan Carlos Banuelas, a multi-cultural, international lawyer (raised in Germany and Mexico), with emphasis in the negotiation and drafting of international contracts (terms & conditions of automotive OEMs and TIER 1s), with proven experience in Mexican and US commercial law, as well as a speaker at conferences in Mexico, Frankfurt, Zurich & Chicago. He is also co-author of numerous international articles and manuals.
Audio Interview Guest
Juan Carlos Banuelas, LL.M.
Mobile: +52 (01) 55 54 12 09 61
In the 14-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Banuelas discusses these questions:
• If you are not settled in Mexico yet, but are interested in doing business in Mexico, what are the requirements for the incorporation of a company in Mexico?
• Which aspects in the contracts should you pay special attention to or should you have in mind when you are doing business in Mexico?
• Instead of going to Court, how recommendable is the use of arbitration or friendly composition procedures in Mexico, as an alternative media of solution of conflicts?
About Juan Carlos Banuelas, LL.M.:
Multi-cultural, international lawyer (raised in Germany and Mexico), with emphasis in the negotiation and drafting of international contracts (terms & conditions of OEMs and TIER Is), with proven experience in Mexican and US commercial law, negotiations of claims with contractors / suppliers, claims handling with multinationals in Central America, audits, security, arbitration, tenders, labor, anti-trust, unfair competition, compliance, migration, IP issues and supervision of external attorneys, speaker at conferences in Mexico, Frankfurt, Zurich & Chicago, co-author of international articles / manuals.
Obtained the degree of attorney at law at the UNAM (cum laude) and received the master’s degree in law from the Konstanz University (Germany), besides other studies like Legal Framework in the Foreign Trade, Corporate Law, Incoterms, North American Public and Private Law, and also Specialization in Penal Procedure Law and Intellectual Property Rights.
Besides of having worked at well known law firms, he occupied diverse positions:
- at the Secretary of Finances, in charge of international tenders and of legal assessment,
- at Zurich International Group (Mexico), as the International Claims Manager, responsible for the claims handling for multinationals in Mexico and Central America,
- as Legal Counsel of the Development Bank of Mexico, BANCOMEXT, as the main presentor of seminars on international contracts, foreign trade and IP and provided advice on diverse contracts and trade,
- as the General Counsel of ASE, an affiliate of German-Mexican Chamber of Commerce (CAMEXA), being simultaneously the General Counsel of the same, assisting management, as well as providing legal, corporate and contractual advice, assisting security audits and took participation in high-level diplomatic events.
During more than 12 years, he was the International Lawyer of Bocar Group, a German-Mexican TIER I and OEM supplier, in charge of the international management of all legal aspects of four companies in the US and one company in Japan, and for the entire Bocar Group internationally wide, of any legal negotiations, national and international contracts, advising on product liability claims and insurance, immigration issues abroad (mainly USA, Germany and Japan), on industrial property issues in Mexico, USA, Canada, Brazil, China and EU, and coordinated external law offices in Mexico and abroad.
Upon Nov. 2018, he is Partner in International Business and Contracts at the law firm Cruz Vernet, Taxes & Customs Laws.
He is a member of the “National College of Lawyers of Mexico”.
Name: Juan Carlos Banuelas, LL.M.
Mobile: +52 (01) 55 54 12 09 61
Law firm: Cruz Vernet, Trade & Customs Law,
member firm of TRUSTED TRADE ALLIANCE, LLC.
Office: +52 (55) 84 21 84 10 Ext. 711