GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “Automotive Industry Manufacturing in Mexico: Challenges for Growth” features Juan Vazquez. Mr. Vazquez is the Director of Global Strategy with NAI Mexico, part of the NAI Global network, a leading industrial and commercial real estate advisory firm. For 10 years, Juan was the Project Manager for Toyota manufacturing where his main responsibilities included the identification of ideal locations of their assembly plants in Tijuana and Guanajuato, as well as conduct negotiations of government incentives. In 2005, he was appointed Managing Director of Index Nacional (the Mexico maquiladora mfg association), and was instrumental in the talks at the domestic and international level regarding the now enacted USMCA treaty.
Audio Interview Guest:
Mr. Juan Vazquez, Director of Global Strategy
Additional resources on the Mexico automotive industry:
- Recorded Webinar: “Moving Your Manufacturing From China to Mexico” – access here
- Recorded Webinar: “Challenges of Sourcing Critical Auto Components in Mexico” – access here
- Audio Interviews: 21 Interviews on “Doing Business in Mexico” – access here
In the 11-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Vazquez discuss these questions:
• In your experience, having worked for a government agency attracting automotive investment into Mexico, working for a large automotive company such as Toyota, developing their manufacturing footprint in Mexico, heading INDEX the maquiladora business organization in Mexico for several years, and now as a site selection and real estate consultant for a global firm, How would you describe Mexico’s automotive industry in recent years and where is it heading to?
• How does nearshoring play a role in Mexico’s Automotive industry’s near future?
• In regards to assembly plants and new players in Mexico, what can we expect in the next few months and years?
• What are the main challenges that the Automotive Industry will face in Mexico in the short term?
• What would your advice be to any company that is currently looking into Mexico for their first manufacturing operation?
About Juan Vazquez:
Director of Global Strategy, NAI Mexico
Juan holds two master’s degrees in Global Business Management, one from Monterrey Tec (ITESM) and Thunderbird School of Global Management. He was part of the Ministry of Economy of the State of Baja California where Juan advised global companies with site-selection processes for their manufacturing plants in Mexico.
For 10 years, Juan was the Project Manager for Toyota manufacturing where his main responsibilities included the identification of ideal locations of their assembly plants in Tijuana and Guanajuato, as well as conduct negotiations of government incentives.
Juan was appointed as Managing Director of Index Nacional (maquiladora association) in 2005, supporting the legal and business framework for global companies to operate, manufacture and export from Mexico. Juan participated in talks at the domestic and international level regarding the now enacted USMCA treaty, as well as strengthening relationships with chambers, business organizations, federal and local governments, among others.
Juan joined NAI Mexico as Director of Global Strategy, located in Mexico City, supporting national and global clients with their operational and real estate needs.