GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “The China Automotive Aftermarket: An Industry Update” features Philippe Thegner. Mr. Thegner is Senior Advisor at the Strategic and Investment Advisory firm Automobility, and is Chairman of the Automotive Aftermarket Supplier Association’s China Aftermarket Forum, the main aftermarket supplier association in China since 2014, acting as Chairman since 2018.
Audio Interview Guest:
Mr. Philippe Thegner
Senior Advisor, Automobility Ltd.
Chairman of Automotive Aftermarket Supplier Association’s China Aftermarket Forum
In the 26-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Thegner discusses these questions:
• How is the China Independent Aftermarket doing post-Covid and what is your outlook on China market for 2021?
• The market is known to be highly fragmented, do we start to see some consolidation and champion emerging?
• Could you explain the main trends driving the market currently?
• Working at Automobility in Shanghai, you witness the quick adoption of EV, particularly smart EV in China market, could you share your view and if the China aftermarket starts to adapt to the related challenges and opportunities?
• And provides final thoughts.
About Philippe Thegner:
Senior Advisor at the Strategic and Investment Advisory firm Automobility.
Chairman of the AASA CAF – The China Aftermarket Forum
Mr. Philippe Thegner has been a Senior Advisor with Automobility since 2019 working on project related to new mobility and aftermarket. Also he has been involved with the Automotive Aftermarket Supplier Association China Aftermarket Forum, the main aftermarket supplier association in China since 2014, acting as Chairman since 2018.
Philippe has 20 year experience in Automotive with 14 years in Asia. Prior to joining Automobility, he has been supply chain consultant for several major tier 1 in Europe, then since 2006, holding Asia executive position in purchasing for Visteon and Federal Mogul. In the past 10 years, Philippe has been involved specifically in the Aftermarket as Asia sourcing director for Federal Mogul then Managing Director of the Aftermarket business in China for Federal Mogul and Hella
His background and connection give him a unique understanding of the Aftermarket in this fast growing region at operational and strategic level.