GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “New Mobility Technologies and Intellectual Property: Cross-border Battles Will Likely Impact the Automotive Supply Base” features Phillip Korovesis. Mr. Korovesis is a shareholder with Butzel Long and is based in their Detroit office. He is a Litigation Practice Group Leader and also serves as the Chair of the Firm’s Trade Secret and Non-Compete Specialty Team which focuses on trade secret, non-compete and business tort litigation.
Audio Interview Guest:
Mr. Phillip C. Korovesis
In the 10-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Korovesis discusses these questions:
• Do new mobility-related technologies mean new or unique problems insofar as protection of the intellectual property underlying those technologies?
• How might the landscape for use of those technologies impact the protection of the intellectual property that underlies those technologies and developments?
• So the number of players might change, the faces might change and the technologies that they bring to the mobility game might be new, innovative and fresh, but what will remain the same? And what can OEMs and global suppliers of these technologies do to protect themselves?
• What about forums for disputes of these new technologies? How will they remain the same or how might they change?
• And shares his Final Thoughts.
About Phillip C. Korovesis:
Shareholder and attorney, Butzel Long
Phillip C. Korovesis is a shareholder practicing in Butzel Long’s Detroit office. He is a graduate of Wayne State University (B.S., with distinction, 1984; J.D., cum laude, 1987). He is also a graduate of Leadership Oakland, Class XVIII, and has been recognized by Michigan Super Lawyers (Business Litigation) and the Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation).
Mr. Korovesis’ practice is focused on commercial disputes, with trial, litigation and consultation expertise in non-compete/trade secret disputes, product liability defense, life insurance claims and business and financial services industry disputes. Mr. Korovesis has successfully tried cases in state and federal courts in various parts of the country and has successfully represented clients in state and federal appellate courts. He has successfully arbitrated cases before the American Arbitration Association and The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
Mr. Korovesis is a Litigation Practice Group Leader and also serves as the Chair of the Firm’s Trade Secret and Non-Compete Specialty Team which focuses on trade secret, non-compete and business tort litigation. Mr. Korovesis is a regular presenter on trade secret and non-compete issues to lawyers and other professionals. He is an active member of the Defense Research Institute in the commercial litigation, product liability and life insurance areas. He is a former President of the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel. He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Federal Bar Association and the American Bar Association.