GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “Mexico’s Fast Growing Auto Parts Manufacturing Industry” hosted by Ron Hesse features Armando Cortés Galicia. Mr. Cortés is CEO of the Mexico-based National Auto Parts Industry Association (INA, which represents the interests of more than 900 companies in Mexico). Armando was appointed in June 2023. He is an expert in the automotive and auto parts industry, and has over 15 years of experience working with transnational companies in the public and private sectors. Previously, he was Executive Director for the automotive and auto parts industry at ProMexico, where he spearheaded strategies to attract investment to Mexico and was instrumental in establishing projects valued at over US$ 5 billion. He also worked at Chrysler de México, where he served as manager of strategic projects. You can find his complete BIO on the Interview page on our website.
Audio Interview Guest
Mr. Armando Cortes Galicia, CEO
National Auto Parts Industry Association (INA) in Mexico
To view Armando’s LinkedIn Profile, please visit here.
Additional resources available to you:
- “Nearshoring: Focus on Mexico” Webinar Series (starts Oct. 18) – access here.
- Q2 2023 “Mexico Industrial Market Trends Reports” – access here.
- “Doing Business in Mexico 2023 – Guide” – download here.
- 26 Audio Interviews on “Doing Business in Mexico” – access here.
In the 7-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Cortes discusses these questions:
• Can you provide a bit of history on the Mexico auto parts manufacturing industry, including scope and size?
• How have foreign automotive suppliers effected the Mexico based supply base over the years?
• How is the industry doing today, especially with the effects of new technologies (such as EVs), nearshoring, US-China trade war, etc.?
• What are some areas which the auto parts sector must improve on, and where do you see opportunities?
• How do you see the industry growing in the next 2-3 years?
• And provides his Final Thoughts.
About Armando Cortes Galicia:
CEO of the National Auto Parts Industry Association (INA) in Mexico
Armando Cortés Galicia was appointed CEO of the National Auto Parts Industry Association (INA) in June 2023.
An expert in the automotive and auto parts industry, he has over 15 years of experience working with transnational companies in the public and private sectors. Aside from serving as CEO of INA, which represents the interests of more than 900 companies in Mexico, he is an international business and strategy consultant specialized in the vehicle export and import requirements of various markets in Latin America, Europe and Africa.
As executive director for the automotive and auto parts industry at ProMéxico, he spearheaded strategies to attract investment to Mexico and was instrumental in establishing projects valued at over US$5 billion. During his time at ProMéxico, he consulted for more than 150 global companies and forged ties of cooperation with chambers and associations like the Mexican-German Chamber of Commerce (CAMEXA), the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), the Canadian Embassy, Business France, and the Mexican Aerospace Industry Federation (FEMIA), among others.
At Chrysler de México, he served as manager of strategic projects, liaising between the company and the federal government to promote public policies that would benefit the automotive industry. He has written several publications on Mexico´s automotive and auto parts industry, promoted the adoption of Industry 4.0 technologies by supply chains and spoken on business opportunities in the sector at national and international events.
Armando Cortés holds a Bachelor´s degree in Economics, a Master´s in Strategic Planning from the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM), and a diploma in Government Innovation from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.