Global Business Professor’s latest Audio Interview, “Patents: Obstacles or Opportunities for Worldwide Autonomous Vehicles?” features Art Nutter. Mr. Nutter is Chairman & CEO of PatentBooks, Inc. and global patent and technology expert.
Audio Interview Guest:
Mr. Art Nutter
Chairman & CEO
In the 16-minute Audio Interview, Mr. Nutter discusses and answers these questions:
- How will patents be used in autonomous vehicle businesses?
- What caused the development of the two radically different philosophies? What does each philosophy seek? Common or divergent goals?
- What is the best way to use patents?
- How many patents, both domestic and international, are likely incorporated into critical A/V technology elements?
- What other intellectual property elements, other than patents, are needed to facilitate commercial success?
- How can patents help or hurt my business?
- What are typical costs and time frames for patent licensing and/or litigation?
- How can I optimize my business with patents and other IP?
About Art Nutter:
Art is the inventor, founder and CEO of PatentBooks, Inc., and is a strategic perseverant visionary that likes to create and lead. Art is listed by The IP Media Group as one of Intellectual Asset Management’s “World’s Leading IP Strategists” since the publication began in 2009.
He founded TAEUS in 1992 as the world’s first engineering company dedicated exclusively to managing and monetizing intellectual property. TAEUS was bootstrapped from its humble beginnings in Colorado Springs, Colorado to a global enterprise now incorporated in the US, UK, Japan, and Malaysia. TAEUS determines which of the patents in its client’s portfolios are the most valuable and proves their value via proprietary forensic engineering and accounting processes. Some of these processes have been released to the public to further enable more efficient patent licensing around the world. TAEUSworks™, the process long considered the “Gold Standard of patent evaluation,” and referred to as “the Moody’s of intellectual property” by the Wall Street Journal, was created by Mr. Nutter. The Global Patent Syndicate™ and PatentBooks both significantly improve global patent licensing efficiencies.
Art has been a member of the Licensing Executives Society USA & Canada since 1994, was head of the LES High Tech Industry Sector for 7 years, was Trustee of the LES USA & Canada for 7 years, was an Delegate from the US to the Licensing Executives Society International for 15 years, and was head of the LESI Communications committee for 3 years. Mr. Nutter challenges the patent licensing industry from the podium regularly at global events and is widely published. Art holds a BSME from the University of Akron (Ohio), an MBA from the University of Phoenix, and is a Certified Licensing Professional (CLP). He is Catholic, an instrument-rated pilot, rides a Harley Davidson motorcycle, is a certified SCUBA diver, directs music, sings in choirs and bands, and is married to Katheleen, with whom is blessed with eight children and six grandchildren (to date).