RECORDED WEBINAR: “Sourcing to Mexico”.
During this webinar, we share a 5-step process for sourcing to Mexico, along with lessons learned from recent Mexico sourcing projects:
For more information or to watch recorded webinar, visit here.
Services to Support Mexico Sourcing
After decades of rapidly increasing the amount of sourcing in Asia, U.S. manufacturers are accelerating efforts to reduce costs and shorten their supply chains by “nearshoring” to Mexico. APD supports customer efforts with our team of experienced purchasing professionals with the right combination of skills, including:
- Mexican business culture knowledge and Spanish fluency
- Relevant industry experience including automotive and appliances
- Commodity knowledge and cost expertise
- Highly skilled purchasing support based in Mexico
Past projects to support Mexico sourcing have ranged from quick and simple supplier identification to complex, ongoing support of relocated operations. Projects can consist of any combination of the following five steps.
- Develop Ideal Supplier Profile
- Identify and vet potential suppliers
- Select sites and coordinate visits
- Conduct on-site supplier qualification visits
- Compile quoting package/cost breakdowns
- Issue RFQs and analyze quotes
- Support the sourcing board approval process
- Provide guidance to negotiate commercial terms
- Manage suppliers through the launch process
- Support customers for new supplier onboarding
A specialty chassis manufacturer needed to quickly identify fabrication suppliers based in Mexico to validate for replacing a non-performing supplier. Within 3 weeks, APD vetted 7 capable suppliers and provided detailed information to the client.
- Interviewed client stakeholders to determine specific attributes desired from fabrication suppliers
- Identified more than a dozen potential suppliers to vet, and selected 7 to research based on client feedback
- Conducted 7 supplier interviews in Spanish
- Summarized supplier attributes, rated red/yellow/green per client criteria